Experience San Antonio Attractions at the Hotel Crockett
For true Texan cultures, few locations are better than being across the street from the Alamo and near other great San Antonio area attractions. The gateway to the RiverWalk is also across the street, along with an upscale shopping mall.
The Crockett Hotel located near the Riverwalk and the Alamo in Downtown San Antonio has it all location-wise. It is a gem of a hotel in the heart of hallowed ground in Texas near many activities and area attractions, made to sparkle again with a multi-million-dollar renovation. Here is a sampling of Downtown San Antonio activities and attractions you’ll find within walking distance:
San Antonio & Beyond Pre-paid Pass
Explore San Antonio with a pre-paid card that gives you and your family free access to the city's top attractions. Save up to 48% while you explore museums, family attractions and sights.
Crockett Pick's for The Best of SA
Best of San Antonio - Festivals to monthly Downtown Events
- Fiesta - April 10-27, 2014
- First Friday in Southtown and King William District
- Second Fridays at San Antonio Museum of Art
- Saturday Farmers Market at The Pearl
- Alamo Street Food Trucks
- Downtown Tuesday Special Events and pop-up shops
- Sunday free admission to the San Antonio Museum of Art
Best of San Antonio - Culinary to Nightlife Scene
- Blue Star Complex visit art galleries, Bar 1919, Stella Public House
- The Pearl Brewery visit Cured, Blue Box, Arcade, Nao, Granary BBQ & MicroBrewery
- South Broadway - visit the popular Brooklynite Bar
- Southtown - dine at Rosario's or La Fruteria, drinks at Friendly Spot
- River Walk - Waxy O'Connors, Soho and Esquire Tavern
- Houston St. - Bohanan's Lounge, live jazz and cocktails
Popular Local Attractions Near the Crockett Hotel
The Crockett's own Ernie’s Bar, is a popular night spot on the ground floor of the hotel, serving daily Happy Hour drink specials
In addition, The Crockett hotel is only 10 minutes to San Antonio International Airport, and an easy drive to the city’s comprehensive medical center complex. North Star Mall and the Shops at La Cantera provide extensive shopping options outside of the downtown area.
- San Antonio’s famous Riverwalk and RiverCenter Mall
- Alamo IMAX Theatre Rivercenter
- AT&T Center
- Tower of the Americas
- Henry B Gonzalez Convention Center
- Arneson River Theatre
- San Antonio Museum of Arts
- The Pearl Brewery
- Institute of Texan Cultures
- Market Square/El Mercado
- La Villita San Antonio
- Spanish Governor’s Palace & the City’s Newly Remodeled Main Plaza
- Plaza Theater of Wax/Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum
- Visiting San Antonio's Alamo
City Sightseeing Double Decker
This tour stop is located at the Alamo Plaza, just a few steps from the Crockett!
Take an open top bus tour in the most popular and visited city in Texas – San Antonio. Sightseeing on a tour bus with City Sightseeing is a great way to discover all the things to do on your visit and represents a remarkable way to see this incredible city for the first time, to get your bearings and to visit many of the major sights in a relatively short time period.
Find out more about City Sighseeing Double Decker of San Antonio.
Alamo Trolley Tours
The Crockett staff recommends the Ultimate Tour Package from Alamo Trolley Tours
Receive a FREE Boat Ticket with the purchase of your Ultimate Tour Package for only $36.90+tax!
The Ultimate Tour Package includes tickets to these popular attractions:
Tower of the Americas
Alamo Trolley Tour
Rio San Antonio Cruises
Catch this tour across from the Crockett, located inside the Menger Hotel.
Print Coupon and Purchase Tour at the Alamo Visitor Center across from the Crockett.
Check out Alamo Trolley Video, click here
(Disclaimer: This is not a hotel package)
B-Cycle Info - Best way to see Downtown San Antonio
Explore SA by B-Cycle
San Antonio B-cycle is one of the first large-scale municipal bike sharing systems in the United States. We have over 40 special bike stations (B-stations) in downtown San Antonio in highly visible and trafficked areas and as far south as Mission San Jaun and as far north as the San Antonio Zoo. San Antonio B-cycle members will be able to pick up one of the gray bikes at any B-station and drop it off at any B-station.
1) Visitor's Center - 317 Alamo Plaza San Antonio, TX 78205
2) Alamo Plaza - E. Houston at Alamo St.
For more details visit B-Cycle San Antonio
Sisters Grimm Ghost Tour
How about a Spooky Adventure?
Gather in front of the Alamo nightly at 8:15 PM and follow your guides, dressed in period costumes, as they light your way with lanterns through an informative tour of San Antonio’s most haunted sites. An alternative program begins with dinner at the Menger Hotel, one of the city’s well-known harbors of ghosts, then continues with a nightly ghost tour around downtown.
Monday - Saturday (Closed Sundays)
Tour Starts 8:30 p.m.
Check in: 8:15 p.m. (In front of the Alamo)
Adult: $15 Child: $10 (7-15)