Continuously operating for more than a century, San Antonio’s Crockett Hotel stands on the site where Davy Crockett and a heroic (but outnumbered) band of Texas settlers defended the Alamo during a 13-day siege that became a pivotal point in the Texas War of Independence and inspired a battle-cry for the ages – “Remember The Alamo!”

In 1909, the Three Link Fraternity, a fraternal organization dating back to 18th century England, built the landmark six-story building, which served as both a lodge for it members and a hotel. In 1927, the seven-story west wing was added. In 1982, San Antonio native John Blocker bought the hotel and undertook a painstaking renovation, guided by vintage photographs in order to be faithful to its original architectural details. A second renovation in 2007 updated the hotel’s 138 guest rooms and suites.

Today, the Crockett Hotel is listed on the National Register of Historic Structures and is a member of the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s Historic Hotels of America.

our-history-inset

The Legendary
Davy Crockett

  • Born in Greene County, Tennessee, on August 17, 1786.
  • Joined the Tennessee Militia and earned the rank of Colonel.
  • Elected to the US Congress in 1826 and served Tennessee until 1835.
  • On February 1836, Crockett and his men reached the Alamo and stayed to fight the Texas War of Independence.
  • March 6, 1836 Davy Crockett died defending the final assault on The Alamo.